18 March 2007

Peeping digital


Why we have digital peeping tools?
on msn or on skype,invisible moods for peeping our private public medium.

When we dont want to be seen around or dont want to talk with people, we are invisible or offline. But we still keep one eye on whats up there, who are there. I m most of time appear "away" or "offline" and actually i m online. This doesnt come to me weird or ashamed.

What kind of space is that? We can be visible, invisible, invisible and talking etc. All kind of cross possibilities available, sometimes better than real life. We have gaps that we can escape from any unwanted situation. Any annoying social traditions or manners. Specially moral manners.

Are we freed from boring social kindless rules?

1 comment:

underdark said...

Hi Lacin!
Nice thoughts. Sometimes I wish being invisible would be possible in real life... quite handy.
I usually don't use "away" if I'm not. I don't see the point in that. Either I don't want anyone to talk to me, then I'm invisible or I want people to know that I don't have time to talk for a long time. That would be "Occupied".
But then of course, who doesn't forget sometimes?

Keep on writing this blog. It's really interesting.